Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Last Baby Bump Update

How far along:

39 weeks ... 1 day

Total weight gain:


I have gained 20 pounds with this sweet girl. Most of that has been within the last few weeks. I'm praying she comes out about 10lbs so that half of the weight is gone!

Sleep:

My days of glorious sleep have ended :(. I'm sleeping from maybe 10p until 2a and then maybe I'll sleep again from 4:30a until 6a. It's great practice of what is to come I guess! Maybe it is God's way of helping me adjust to sleepless night.



Food cravings:

  • Cereal & anything else others make: Cereal and I have a list of favorite foods that my mom will be making while she's here! I'm sure she was sick of phone calls asking about "can you make this?!!!?!?!"

Symptoms:

  • Carpel Tunnel: It is the strangest thing ever! And  so VERY painful. I'm pretty much useless with my right hand & my left hand has flare-ups. My doctor "thinks" it will go away after delivery but there is a small chance it could stick around & require surgery.
  • Heartburn: As always
  • Swollen ankles: So of my favorite quotes revolve around my feet
    "Mom, where's your ankles?" "Mom, your feet look like triangles" "Mom, you need life alert so you don't have to walk!"   

Gender:

A sweet baby girl, I can't wait to meet her! Her bows are ready :) her clothes are ready & her hospital bag is packed!!

What I’m looking forward to:

  • My mom & then Jeremy's mom visiting! So selfishly looking forward to that time.
  • That sweet baby smell: It only last for a short amount of time but it is the best smell in the world
  • Watching the "big kids" meet the baby! The girls especially are so, SO excited & are counting down the days until they can come up to the hospital to meet "sister!" They have their shirts ready and Ziggy has prepped some gifts for them. I'm praying for some fabulous time of bounding. My biggest concern is Reed but we will work through the adjustments of adding a new sister.

What I miss:

At this point I just wish the swelling would go away! It is pretty painful but she will be worth every ache over the last 273 days

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! I hope everything goes wonderfully. =)

    ReplyDelete